12-19-2014, 08:04 PM
State Bank of India (SBI) competitive examination held on 14 June 2014 for hiring 1,837 officers test messages (POS). The examination will include two parts, Part A and Part B. Part A contains objective type questions and Part B is a descriptive review. The objective type paper consists of four sections with 50 questions (each 1 mark for each question): reasoning, data analysis and interpretation, General awareness, marketing and computer and English. For candidates who appeared for the examination, the following questions have been provided by the Show for SBI PO recruitment 2014 examination.
Candidates can also check the answers to the following questions at the end.
General Awareness, Marketing and Computers:
This test is intended to check your General Knowledge and understanding of basic marketing and computer concepts to help judge your aptitude for the post of Probationary Officer.
Q.1. To combat the menace of money laundering, which of the following financial institutions has introduced the 'Know Your Customer' Scheme?
(1) IDBI (2) RBI (3) NABARD (4) SIDBI (5) Other than those given as options
Q.2. Which of the following sectors contributes maximum in deciding the growth in income of the states in India?
(1) Energy (2) Tourism (3) Service (4) Transport (5) Agriculture
Q.3. Which of the following is the state where the number of people living below poverty line is maximum?
(1) Bihar (2) Andhra Pradesh (3) Uttar Pradesh (4) Rajasthan (5) Orissa
Q.4. Who is the person closely associated with operation flood programmes and was honoured by Padma Vibhushan recently?
(1) Dr. V. Kurien (2) Dr. M. S. Swaminathan (3) Dr. Amartya Sen (4) Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam (5) Other than those given as options
Q.5. Which of the following factors influences buyer's behaviour?
(1) Cultural and Social factors (2) Economical and external factors (3) Personal and Psychological factors (4) both (1) & (2) or (5) both (1) & (3)
Q.6. Marketing for promotion of business in Banks involves :
(1) Better Customer Service (2) Customer need identification (3) Customised products (4) both (1) & (3)
(5) All (1), (2) & (3)
Q.7. 1010, 0101, 1100, 0011, 11100 --- what is next?
(1) 00100 (2) 00111 (3) 11100 (4) 10111 (5) 01010
Q.8. The function of CPU is ---
(1) to provide external storage of text (2) to create a hard copy (3) to create a new software (4) to read, interpret and process the information and instruction (5) Other than those given as options
Q.9. Pick the odd man out.
(1) Monitor (2) Keyboard (3) Floppy drive (4) Windows (5) Hard-disk drive
Q.10. The full form of LAN is ---
(1) Local Access Network (2) Local Area Network (3) Long Area Node (4) Local Area Node (5) Other than those given as options
Question 1 Answer 2
Question 2 Answer 3
Question 3 Answer 5
Question 4 Answer 1
Question 5 Answer 5
Question 6 Answer 5
Question 7 Answer 5
Question 8 Answer 5
Question 9 Answer 1
Question 10 Answer 2