12-18-2014, 07:14 PM
Applications are invited from qualified and interested candidates for admission to the PhD in political science at the University of Calcutta for 2014-15. Admissions are made on the basis of written test which will be followed by an interview.
Last date applies: December 24, 2014
Applications are invited from qualified candidates willing to research the areas specified below
for admission to the doctoral program in political science, University of Calcutta for increased
2014-2015. admission will be strictly on the basis of a written test of one hour duration followed
interviews of candidates nominated. Candidates are asked to download the program
form from the University website and send duly filled in application form with challan of
payment of Rs.100 / -only to departments office. All payments should be made in
University cash counter. Students must send copies of all supporting documents
(marking sheets. NET / CLEAR certificate (if any) and M.Phil. certificate (if any) and a statement of
purpose (maximum 500 words).
1. number of seats: 07 (includes mandatory reservation of 02 seats)
2. last date for submission of application forms: December 24, 2014.
3. date written test (to be held in the department): January 5, 2015.
4. date of interview (for shortlisted candidates only): January 13, 2015.
5. likely date for accession course (six months duration): January 16, 2015.
6. candidates qualified NET / REMOVE / M.Phil are exempted from written test. But they will
must appear for the interview.
7. workspaces: politics in West Bengal, politics of literature / cultural politics, political
Anthropology of gifts and rates, women empowerment and self-help initiatives, policies "New"