01-01-2015, 08:39 PM
M.O.P. Vaishnav College for Women aims to attract top caliber women in areas of higher education is committed to supporting students. Dewan Bahadur MOParthasarthy Aiyengar, an advocate of women's education leading barrister of yesteryears, visionary, was altruistic. M.O.P. He formed, the prime land worth Rs donation. 25 crore to the college in the heart of Chennai. Mr. Vallabhacharya Vidya Sabha, DG Vaishnav College, the premier body in its silver jubilee year Dewan Bahadur MO Parthasarthy Aiyengar charity founded in 1992 for the women's college, is the result of a vision and determination to cooperate with the continuing efforts of the two trusts. These two organizations noted industrialist, administrators and people committed to the cause of women's education. Being infrastructure and administrative expertise is provided by Mr. Vallabhacharya Vidya Sabha. Since its inception, the college has a phenomenal continual growth.
Of the University of Madras, under the selective career-oriented undergraduate and graduate courses, with scholars and faculty research environment provides the premiere. Only three courses - B.Com., BBA, BSc (Math.), Started in 1992 with the college today 14 UG, 7 offers pg. And 1 research program and a force of about 2882 students, as well as the development of a qualitative and quantitative recording. In recognition of the college offered its decennial year and the first to be recognized in the university sector and financial funded college was situated. The college is accredited by the NAAC four star. In January 2009, at the highest level of college again was recognized "A 'NAAC 3.51 points out of the Grade 4 point scale.
College autonomy was granted by the University Grants Commission and to the University of Madras in India has the distinction of being the youngest college.
2005 College (a frequency of 107.8 Hz) to start a community radio, thus the license granted by the Government of India to make the country had a history of being the first college. Since 2005, the College of Chennai to empower youth publishes a newsletter called The MOP Yuvashakthi. Campus television station, founded in 2007 through the educational and informative programs are relayed.
A candidate of the 10 + 2 (any group) a minimum of 60% has been passed along to effective writing and communication skills and knowledge of current affairs, media and global social issues stressed
* A wide entrance exam, which purpose and communicative skills, including current affairs and global social issues will be held in descriptive question.
* Based on the performance in the examination, a personal interview candidates will be short listed for the group discussion.
* Final selection overall performance, record, achievements and will be based on the students' creative portfolio past.
Duration: - 3 years
Which has passed the higher secondary examination, a candidate is eligible for admission.
Performance in the exam - objective and written English communication skills, reasoning skills & general awareness questions are descriptive.
Duration: - 3 years
BSc (Computer Science)
Higher Secondary examination conducted by the Tamil Nadu government or a pass in the examination as equivalent thereto with mathematics or business mathematics as one of their subjects accepted.
* Performance - Entrance exam objectives and English, logical reasoning, analytical thinking, general aptitude questions are descriptive
* Group Discussion
* Personal Interview Processing academic track record and leadership qualities as intellectual debates, through excellence in activities such as evidenced quizzes, articles, art, and other cultural activities publishing. The commitment and understanding of the student's credibility
Duration: - 3 years
B. Sc (Food Science & Management)
B. Sc Food Science and Management candidates for admission to the course of the Tamil Nadu Board of Higher Secondary examination or an equivalent examination of any other board will be required to possess a pass.
Objective and descriptive questions, English, logic and reasoning and general awareness related to food science and nutrition (no pre-required) performance on written communication skills - are included in the entrance examination
Duration: - 3 years
Pass in +2 board examination (TamilNadu State Board / CBSE / any other board equivalent to these) with Pure Mathematics as a core subject.
* Performance in the entrance test - comprises objective and descriptive questions on Subject Knowledge, Quantitative aptitude, verbal and logical skills
* Personal Interview Processing of academic track record and leadership qualities as evidenced by excellence in intellectual pursuits like debates, quizzes, publication of articles, arts and other cultural activities. It is the opportunity to understand the commitment and credibility of the student
Duration:- 3 years
ELIGIBILITY:- Graduation in any discipline
* An entrance test will be conducted for the students to assess their knowledge on Media and Current Affairs .
* Students will be tested for their creative, analytical and basic skills in writing .
* Based on the results of the entrance test, a Group Discussion is conducted. After which candidates are short listed for the interview.
* The interview decides the final selection of the candidates.
DURATION OF THE COURSE:-
The course comprises of four semesters of two year duration.
M.Sc. Food technology and Management
Duration:- 2 years
Candidates for admission to M. Sc Food Technology and Management course shall be required to have a pass in Bachelors degree in B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics /B.Sc. Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics/ B.Sc. Nutrition, Food Service Management and Dietetics/ B.Sc. Biochemistry /B.Sc. Home Science/ B.Sc. Plant biology and Plant biotechnology / B.Sc. Microbiology/ B.Sc. Chemistry, B.Sc. Zoology and any other related/ allied degree in Life Science, Nutrition, Food Science and Chemical science of the University of Madras or any other related/ allied degree in Life Science, Nutrition science, Food Science and Chemical science of other universities .
• Performance in the entrance test - comprises objective and descriptive questions on Logical Reasoning, Analytical thinking, Basic scientific principles and recent advances in food industry.
• Personal interview
DURATION:- 2 years
Candidates for admission to the first year of the Master of Business Administration full-time degree course shall be required to possess a minimum of 40% in the main branch of study of a Bachelors Degree of the University of Madras or of any other University or a qualification recognized as equivalent thereto. On selection, the Candidates other than the University of Madras have to produce their eligibility and the recognition certificate from the University of Madras.
The course shall extend over a period of two academic years consisting of four semesters. Each academic year will be divided into two semesters. The first semester will consist of the period from August to November and the second semester from December to March. The duration of each semester will be about 16 weeks.
* Hunting For Talents - First Step In The Ladder
* Application Form & Prospectus
* Entrance Examination - MAT (Feb) / Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test for
* Group Discussion
* Personal Interview
* Final Selection
• It has developed great infrastructure and is one of the best institutes in the city. It provides all the modern facilities to its students.
• The college classrooms are spacious enough to get a relaxed environment while learning process. The classrooms are also equipped with modern teaching aid.
• The library of the institute is well stocked with rich collection of informative books and periodicals. It has also subscribed various journals.
• MOP Vaishnav college also has various laboratories for different subjects.
General eligibility criterion for any under-graduate course is to clear 10+2 or equivalent from any recognized university also applies here.
Further admission details are available on the official website of the institute.
The placement record of this institute over the years has been outstanding as they provide placements in reputed multinational companies like
• Servion Technologies
• Times of India
• Ford India
• Standard Chartered Bank