12-30-2014, 02:10 PM
Affiliates: University of Guwahati
Established in: 1961
Location: Jotsoma 797,002 Kohima, Nagaland
Kohima Science College, founded in 1961. It is affiliated to University of Guwahati, North East Hill University and Central University of Nagaland.
Kohima science campus is located in the upper village in the range of Jotsoma Barail. It is 8 kms. distance from the heart of Kohima town, 65 kms form Phizo Dimapur airport and 74 kms from the railway station in Dimapur. At 1671 meters, the campus is nestled between serene and perennials for Japanese cedar and cherries charming. He commands a panoramic view of the city of Kohima in the east, while Mt. Pulie Badze and other rolling hills present a lush green tropical southwest. The natural serenity of the campus and perennial water bodies have an effect that makes the quiet campus conducive to study.
Kohima Science College courses offered
Bachelor of Science (BA)
1. English [Literature & Language]
2. Environmental Sciences
Combinations optional subject
Any of the following can be chosen. An honors student one of the optional subjects, except computer, shall be honors (main).
Combination subject to current math
1. Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry - 30 places
2. physics, mathematics, statistics - 20 places
3. physics, mathematics, geology - 20 places
4. Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science - 25 places
Combination subject to current Biology
1. chemistry, geology, geography - 60 places
2. Chemistry, botany, zoology - 60 places
3. botany, zoology, anthropology - 60 places.
1. for honors zoology / botany, chemistry should be an elective subject.
2. for honors chemistry, mathematics and physics should be optional.
3. except in mathematics and statistics, the number of seats of honor, not exceed 20.
1. Free internet facility.
2. NCC / NSS / Red Ribbon Club
3. meritorious awards
4. workshops / seminars
12th or equivalent from a recognized board with a minimum of:
1. 45% in the subject in which you want to offer honors at upper secondary level or equivalent.
2. 45% in biology with honors in botany or zoology at the upper secondary level or equivalent.
3. 45% as a whole to offer honors an individual unavailable to + 2 or equivalent level.