10-01-2014, 02:20 PM
Thrissur Government College of Engineering College of Engineering is located in Thrissur Kerala, India. It is the second oldest engineering college in the state of Kerala and the first Engineering College to be established after the formation of Kerala. The college is affiliated with the University of Calicut.
In 2009, LiveMint (news portal) GECT overall among the top 50 public engineering colleges in India.  In addition the college has been awarded ISO 9001 from the Indian Register of Quality Systems in 2012.
The college was originally located on the campus of Institute of Technology Chembukkavu Maharaja in 1957. April 26, 1958 in the late Pandit Jawarharlal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of India, laid the foundation of the college. The college moved to its current campus in October 1960. The college was officially opened at the end and Pattom. Thanu Pillai, Chief Minister of Kerala, February 2, 1962. Campus Spread over an area of 120 acres (0.49 km2) and is located in Ramavarmapuram, which is 5 km from the city center Thrissur Thrissur Railway Station and 6 km.
Prof.S. Rajaraman, a civil engineer of international repute and author of many engineering books was the first director. He, along with Professor Mathew mp and Professor VS Nair (the then head of the department of mechanical and electrical engineering, respectively) formed the triumvirate that gave the college a strong foundation and set the tone for further growth and development of the college.
In addition to regular courses B-Tech College also offers a post-graduate course in computer applications (MCA), and post-graduate programs in various subjects. Courses offered by the College have been accredited under the National Accreditation Board.