10-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Fatima Mata National College bears the name of our Lady of Fatima the Blessed Virgin Mary as shown phenomenon at Fatima, Portugal in 1917. It is well-known college in the Indian state of Kerala. She has a strong academic and Catholic tradition.
Fatima Mata National College was founded by Jerome m. Fernandez, then Catholic Bishop of Quilon, in order to expand opportunities for higher education in the diocese. He was officially opened on December 29, 1952 Norman Thomas Cardinal Gilroy, the papal legate of the first plenary session of the Council of India. In 1953, he became the first college class with the introduction of courses in economics, trade and zoology. Construction of the hall and the East Wing and the introduction rate of Botany, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, followed in quick succession. Expansion and consolidation, continued with the completion of St. Hostel Thomas and St. Hostel Goretti, a separate block for a BSc in Chemistry from the sports pavilion, attached to it, playgrounds and NCC Management. Post graduate studies in botany and trade were launched in 1961; Physics and zoology in 1964 and the economy and the English language in 1965.
Construction of a modern open-access library and Bishop Jerome Hall in 1966-67, the opening of the leadership of St. Joseph and counseling center in 1980 and the introduction of degree course in psychology in 1981; Post Master's Course of Chemistry in 1995, Malayalam in 1998 and mathematics in 1999 were major milestones in the subsequent history of the college. In May 1984, was completed center for research and postgraduate education. Department of Zoology and Department of Commerce have been raised as research centers at the University of Kerala in 1988 and 1999 respectively.
Fatima motto for matrem pro patria (through the mother to the Fatherland).
Fatima Mata National College was founded in 1951, Jerome Fernandez m. Thuppasseril, the first native Bishop of Quilon, in order to provide facilities for higher education in the diocese. The college was officially opened on December 29, 1952 Norman Thomas Cardinal Gilory, papal legate to India. Fatima was elevated to the status of the first college class with the introduction of degree courses in commerce, economics and zoology. This is followed by the introduction of courses of botany, chemistry, mathematics and physics. Physical resources have been added as dormitories, sports pavilion, chemotherapy block, auditorium, playgrounds, separation of the NCC, the ice hockey stadium, a language laboratory, basketball, the Botanical Garden, computer labs and research centers.