09-27-2014, 08:55 PM
As a result of exertion Group enthusiastic teachers as Rev. Canon AW Davis, Munshi Narain Prasad Asthana, Dr LP Mathur, Lala Dewan Chand, Swaroop Anand Bahadur Rai and Dr Brajendra Swaroop, July 1, 1927, laid the foundation of the University, Dr. b. p. Ambedkar (originally known as Agra University). First Instance of the University was extended to the United Provinces of Central India, Agra and th Infantry Regiment, Rajputana with 14 affiliated colleges and 2530 students of which, 1475 students belonged to United Provinces. Initially there were only four faculties in viz. University of Arts, Science, Commerce and Law. Were subsequently added to the Faculty of Medicine (1936), agriculture (1938), Home Science (1980), Basic Sciences (1981), Fine Arts (1982) and management (1994).
Decisive characteristic in influencing the formation of an academic institution is the pursuit of excellence and consistent commitment to the highest standards in terms of imparting knowledge, the promotion of scientific research. Over the past eighty three, the University strives to keep adopting these high ideas and has established rich traditions and evolved from the intellectual community of respect. University faithfully served the cause of higher education in North India. Ancient principle of integrating ethical and moral values in the field of education was the work of the University. To instill these core values in its students academicians tried hard to sharpen the content and curriculum of the university.
The University was renamed as Dr. b. p. Ambedkar University in 1996. The University now caters to the educational needs of the seven districts of Agra, Aligarh, Mainpuri, Hathrase, Firozabad, Etah and Mathura. Furthermore University boasts having affiliated to it, Sarojini Naidu Medical College, which is one of the oldest and leading medical institute of the country. The university has about 200 affiliated colleges and 15 residential Institutes spread in its four residential campus viz. Paliwal Park, Khandari Campus, Civil Lines Campus and Chhaleshar campus. In addition, this university affiliates colleges of Homeopathy, extending all over the state UP
The University is steadily surging ahead as a center for higher scientific vocational and job-oriented education and innovative research. The purpose of the University is to innovate in the field of education and a center of excellence at the national and international levels. University is not only limited to the quality of education, but also to satisfy the burning desire of students who are studying creative intellect and learning attitude of the students. The University is making every effort to fulfill the spirit of the motto of the University «Tamso Ma Jyotirgamay» transition from darkness to light.
Although initially affiliated in nature, the University over the years has developed a significant residential wing, consisting of the following institutions & independent departments of teaching:
1 to M Institute of Hindi & Linguistics (1953)
2 Institute of Social Sciences (1957)
3 Institute of Science building (1968)
4 Institute of Basic Sciences (1984)
5 Department of Library Information Science (1984)
6 Department of History (1985)
7 Department of Adult and Continuing Education & Extension (1989)
8 Department of Physical Education (1989)
9. S.P.C.J. Institute of Commerce, Business Management & Economics (1993)
10. Dau Dayal Institute of Vocational Education (1994)
11 Institute of Engineering & Technology (1998)
12 Dean Dayal Upadhyaya Institute of Rural Development (1998)
13 School of Life Sciences (1998)
14 Department of Contemporary Social Studies & Law (1998)
15 Lalit Kala Sansthan (Institute of Fine Arts) (2000)
16 Institute of Computer and Information Science (2004)
17 Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (2004)
Language learning Bridge, Bridge of Culture and Folk Art Bridge. He's doing good work for the preservation and cultivation of culture Bridge among the new generation.
RESEARCH CENTER FOR GANDHI:
Was created for in-depth study of the philosophy of Gandhi, the vital need for a "violent" of the modern world.
Dr. BR Ambedkar chair:
To ensure research in the field of constitutional law and contemporary social issues, human rights, labor and international law.