09-29-2014, 02:06 PM
July 3, 1939 College officially came into existence. The Institute is obliged to its founding vision of his Highness the Maharaja of Travancore, Sri Chitra Tirunal Balarama Varma. He initiated in the former Office of the Chief Engineer and bungalows (which is currently Managing Postmaster General (POC)). Major m. N. Mathewman was appointed the first director of the college with Vastuvidya Kushala Shri Balakrishna RW DL Deshpande and Professor at the Faculty. College students receive 21 to degree courses in civil, mechanical and electrical equipment industries, under the then Travancore University.With creation of the Directorate of Technical Education in the late 1950s, the college administration has come under the direct control of the government. In 1960, the college was moved to its current campus of 45 hectares in Kulathoor. Undergraduate and postgraduate courses are accredited by AICTE. The college has a library, a central mechanism for computing and a planetarium.