12-19-2014, 08:36 PM
MBA Degree first year examination April 2013
Accounting and finance for managers
Time: 3 hours
Maximum marks: 100
Answer any five questions. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Illustrates various kinds of drawing and their treatment in the financial statements. Elucidate the process of Depreciation Accounting.
2. What is meant by accounting ratio analysis? Elucidate the importance of the ratio analysis. What are the steps involved in the process of fund flow statement?
3. Define budgetary control. Highlight the various types of budgets. What is Break Even Point Analysis? Briefly explain the profit volume ratio.
4. What is meant by finance? Explain the relationship in between the finance and their related disciplines. Explain the objectives of financial management.
5. Define time value of money. Explain the classifications of the time value money. Illustrates the rule of 69 with live example from the banking industry.
6. Highlight the importance of capital budgeting. What are two different classifications of capital budgeting tools?
7. Explain the various statistical measures available for risk. Elucidate the systematic and unsystematic risk.
8. Write short notes on marginal cost, equity share, debentures and dividend policy.