02-27-2015, 04:02 PM
40 students of the Government Higher Primary School in Udayabata people fell ill after eating the midday meal here, officials said today.
Students develop trends of severe nausea and diarrhea yesterday after eating a meal that includes eggs lunch in a village school Bhagabanpur and some of them showed symptoms of stomach infections too. Where 20 students were affected and upset the next rush Marshaghai community health center, the rest of the students sick instantly recovered after being given medical aid.
According to the same sources, students who were hospitalized have recovered and been discharged. The disease was reported food poisoning. The midday meal served to students were not fresh or unfit for human consumption, they said.
The district education officer (DEO), Mark Keshari Ray said, "the accusations were leveled when the parents said that their rooms are 'forced' to eat unacceptable during lunch break. Some also say that rotten eggs is served to them. "
Officials are now running a field investigation of the incident, and those who are responsible for serving food are required attention deficient disciplinary Ray said.